Monday, May 01, 2006

Monday again?

Where did the weekend go???

4:45 am
6 1/2 mile run with Susan and Theresa. Good to have girlfriends. Run was smooth and easy.

6 am pool
short course
300 warmup
All on base of 1:40ish

2 X 50, 100, 150

50, 100, 150, 200

50, 100, 150, 200 (last 50 of each stroke)


Swim felt good, but felt much better to get out and shower. Went to chiropractor Dr. Jeffers today, aka "The Running Doctor". He said he is seeing tons of patients right now for adjustments coming into Rock N Roll. When I told him we ran 23 miles yesterday and at the pace we did, he said that it was nuts. He said he never runs more than one 20 mile run for a marathon and that is at 6 minute pace. He thinks it is nuts to run more than 2 hours at this point in training, as it is asking for injury.

I am so torn. Do I stick with the original plan and for the next few weekends run the scheduled 15, 22, 15 or do I skip that last 22? In my heart, I am thinking it might be a little much, especially with this nagging knee I have been icing. That would be the 4th 20 plus miler and I am thinking it might be too much on a three week taper. In the past I have always done it, but maybe it has hurt me? The Running Doctor has given me some food for thought. Maybe I do the 15 and then only 18 and back to 15? I need to weigh all the pros and cons.

No comments: