Thursday, May 11, 2006

Running to catch up

That is the story of my life. This has actually been a very good week, as far as workouts go. I feel good, have been consistent and have had some fun in the pool (for something new and different). This morning, I was running to hang on to my girl, Theresa. I had the ride from last night still in my legs and paid for it coming up Torrey Pines Hill.

I am so behind in blogging, but as hubby's blog states, we had a great run Saturday. Supposed to be 16 miles, but was more like 19, which was a confidence boost. Felt good and pushed hard. The most exciting thing that happened this week was that I was chosen to run on the Elite Racing/Footlocker Challenge Team for Rock N Roll. Not sure what it all invloves (other than a commitment to finish the race and hopefully not puke at the finish line), but I am excited to be recognized as a middle of the packer and hopefully represent my people well. We 3:45 ish people need a little love sometimes, too.

This morning I hit the gym for a circuit and then met Theresa at the track at 5:30 to run Torrey Pines. It was about 8 miles, maybe a little more, out and back. We ran tempo pace, very solid (finished in 1:01) and then picked it up at the end for a tough finish. T almost dropped me. The mist in the air, the smell of the ocean, it doens't get any better than this. I love running with good girlfriends and seeing the sun come up. We are so fortunate to live where we do.

Looking forward to this weekend being the last long run, 22 miles. Ouch. Marathon, here we come.

No comments: