Friday, May 05, 2006

Back Blog

So, I am still on the fence about continuing this blog. Or, perhaps I will continue it and not publish. Don't know. I am behind in bloggin' the workouts.

Wednesday found me in the gym lifting upper body then to the pool for some long set I cannot remember, about 2000, short course.

Thursday..my baby boy is 3 today! I am in disbelief! I was back to the gym, more upper body with a bit of legs, as well. Then a Torrey Pines run with Theresa, 8 miles. Great to hear the ocean coming down the hill and the climb back felt like nothing after racing up it. That was a good feeling, no doubt.

Today was legs in the gym and then 2100 in the pool, short course. I feel good about my swims this week, though I did nothing on the bike and that is depressing. I should have a least got on the trainer a bit. Oh well. A weekend and a new week is upon us.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You can't quit blogging - I just found your site and I still want to know how you manage to wake up every morning at 3:30!? What time do you go to bed? Also, do you feel safe running in the dark?

I'm thinking about running the Pacific Shoreline marathon next Feb, but that would mean training in darkness all winter (here in Seattle it's dark until 8 a.m. on our shortest winter days!)

amrunner said...

Hi girl.
You are funny. :) I love 3:30 am when I get in bed by 9:30 or so. It hurts a little when the night gets away from me.
I try not to run alone in the dark, but sometimes I do. I try to stay in well lit areas. Seattle is so beautiful, I am envious. What are the nights like? Do you have more light in the evening? You need a good training partner to choose the same race! Accountability is key to staying motivated.

Unknown said...

You're right, Seattle is gorgeous, especially in the summers. But I have actually been dreaming of moving back to SoCal lately (I went to undergrad at UCSB). I miss the year-round perfect weather, and San Diego seems like such an awesome city.

Oh well, for now I am up here!
Unfortunately, evenings aren't much better than mornings during Seattle winters. The sun rises at 8, sets at 4. Ugh. Makes me depressed just thinking about it. I will just have to resign myself to running in the dark! Hey, at least it will keep my mood up during the dark winter!