Sunday, April 30, 2006

23 miles and Counting

We started at 5 am today at the runner's bathroom. Henry Tracy and I ran up bike path to Gilman, to Torrey Pines Road, dropped down La Jolla Shores, followed the LJ Half course to the Cove, through La Jolla and Bird Rock, down to Belmont Rollercoaster along the boardwalk, East on West Mission Bay Drive, through Sea World and back past Fiesta Island along bike path to finish at the runner's bathroom again. 23 miles in 3:13.

My body felt pretty good the whole way. The legs were a little tired, but overall, felt okay. My stomach, however, was so sad at the end. As soon as I got into the car and drove away, I felt sick to my stomach. Took a long shower and was afraid to get out for fear of the vomit factor. I am totally defeated to think that I will be derailed by a stomach issue once again for RNR Marathon. I took only water and 5 Cliff Shot blocks this run, knowing that in the past, it is the sugar that kills me.

I welcome any input as to how I can conquer the inexplicable and totally undesirable need to puke at the finish of a long run. I have experiemented with lots of different nutrition and taken Rolaids and Tums along the way for races. I feel totally doomed to suffer this problems forever and it makes me terribly worried about the pending marathon. Ugg. I hate vomit.

2 comments:

JustT said...

Try taking Pediacare the night before. It helps with the tummy quite a bit.

amrunner said...

Pedicare? Never thought of that. Thanks so much.