Monday, April 24, 2006

The quads are talking

Another day brought tired quads for this morning's run. I met Susan at 4:45 am. Planned to go to the gym first, but everything was just tired after yesterday. We ran 6 1/2 miles at a comfortable pace. We usually run 10 on Mondays, but we are both recovering from weekend races. Both grabbed a coffee....I think it was the best cup I have had to date. I still feel high from yesterday's run. I might as well be Deena Kastor in London. I feel like a celebrity, though no one knows or cares or celebrates over a 1:39 half. I think I will milk it a little longer.

Then, it was off to the pool for an easy swim. Long course this week, which I love. It feels like an eternity from one end of the lane to the other, which makes me realize just how much rest I am taking at the walls in short course. I am so slow it is pathetic, about 1:40ish interval. I would love to improve on speed and technique, but I am overwhelmed thinking about all I need to change in my stroke. Marc says I look like I swim catchup freestyle all the time, even when I am not trying to do drills. So, where does that leave me when I really am drilling????

I think I need more time in the water before Soma to build some confidence, but I have that pesky marathon standing in the way that I need to devote some more time to with running. I swam about 1400 and got out to soak in the hot tub as a reward. Sometimes it is nice to be a slacker.

4 comments:

Guernsey Man said...

You have got tons of time after R-n-R to train for Soma

justkeepswimmin said...

I'm so proud of our new blogger. Now it looks like I have to start up again. I swam really really bad last weekend and need motivation to train harder. Give me your strength!!

amrunner said...

I have no strength to share, swimmin guy. trade you some running tips for swimming ones?

amrunner said...

love you, Gman. xoxox