Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Tuesday Blues

Another recovery day. Went to the gym to lift bis, tris, shoulders. I used to go 5 weekday mornings, but now have decided to try for only three mornings and do more each time. Felt great to lift. I remember the day I used to dread weights. Now I dare say I am addicted, sometimes desperate for some gym time. Stretched a lot and thought about what the day might bring. Felt a little blue that race is over and looking to what is next.

Showed my face at the track workout, only to run an easy 4 1/2 miles, not the scheduled 1000s everyone else did. Feel almost totally normal today and recapped the race stories with friends. 5 out of 7 of our warmup crew did La Jolla, so that was great fun to chat it up. We have a pretty amazing group of amard winners among us. Lots of age group placing for this Half, as well as those who did the tri in Palm Springs.

Feel blessed to be alive with legs that carry me and the heart to want it. When I am discouraged that I am not something I desire to be, I need to remember to be grateful for what I have and use those gifts. Post race blues are fading fast when I think of our scheduled 22 mile run this weekend.

No comments: