Sunday, October 14, 2007

Denial

I think I have some about the pending marathon. I am running the mileage and moving along in training, but for some reason, I simply cannot believe I will be running a marathon in 6 weeks. Kind of funny. I signed up for the race to provide a distraction from life here in Florida, but now life here in Florida is distracting me from the race. I hope that means my priorities are in the right order?

I am very torn over whether or not to take the position as coach for the Team in Training group here. It sounds like a great opportunity and very rewarding in many ways. On the other hand, it will require a huge time commitment on the weekend that I am not sure I have to give if we decide to travel to Boston for the marathon or possibly begin training for a 50K. I wish there were more hours in the day....or that I might function better on less sleep?

Beyond these issues, I still despise the public school system here and wonder why we are tolerating it at all? If only there were an alternate private school that was decent. We are still contemplating homeschooling as an option, but that sounds like a scary undertaking in and of itself. I love my sweet girl and want for her to be safe and sound, unlike the incidents of being locked in the bathroom by some bused-in kids, or bullying in the classroom, or the absurd language that is spoken...I could go on and on. Should a six year old really have to contend with such things? It is a dilemma. I cannot wait to return to something more sane and humane.

No comments: