Monday, June 23, 2008

It's Been Fun

I can't stand people who are not humble. People who need credit for what they do, have done, plan on doing. I can't stand self-serving, self-centered people who want the world to realize how great they are because they said so. That is sort of what this blog feels like to me now; am I no better than some pathetic jerk giving herself props about nothing in particular? I don't want to be someone who is keeping the scorecard and showing it to anyone who will look or listen. I have known too many people like this.

Marc, I love you for so many reasons, but mostly for your humility, for never taking credit for any of your amazing athletic (or professional) endeavors and conquests. You are amazing to me in so many ways and I love that you ride 200 miles on your bike for fun without a needing so much as a nod of approval from anyone else. Thanks for always being a superstar and not thinking you are. Your daughter is just like you. She swam a 500 tonight at workout and thought nothing of it, and I think she may have swam it faster than I can. You guys rock. Thanks for being my rock.

1 comment:

Brett said...

Hi there! Just wanted to say great blog and that I've quoted one of your older postings (Runner's Wave) on my site. It seems that runners in DC have the same attitude as your San Diegans. Have a good one and you can check the link here:

http://dc-outsider.blogspot.com/2008/07/rip-runners-wave.html

Take care, Brett