Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Until Florida Summer Do We Part

"Two months is a long time when you love someone." This was Abbe's response to me when I told her we will only be gone for 8 weeks. I am told there are bets going around the running group as to whether or not I really am returning to Florida with the kids at summer's end. Lori said she is going to punish me tomorrow at our speed workout for "abandoning" her. I keep telling them that my skin has already reaped all the benefits of the humidity and I need a little break now that I am flawless. Right. I have to come back here, if I want to remain married, that is.



Ipod. Great White Kenyan. Don Julio. Angel. Country. Abbalicious. These are the aliases I run with each morning, and as much as I hate to admit it, I am going to miss them, too. I love them and, amazingly, for as much as I bash Florida, they love me too. Shoot. I might even miss my husband (who is more Florida every day), but apparently not enough to suck it up and endure the weather here for the summer. Today was misery. Gray skies, black clouds, torrential downpour, crashing thunder and furious lightning. Was that a hurricane today with the wind factor? How do people live with the weather dictating what they can and cannot do? Yesterday's swim workout was canceled due to lightning and today tennis was rained out. What kind of fun is that?



Actually, I am going to miss Marc with every fiber in me. I know I will ache for the time he comes to visit us on the West Coast, but I figure since I give him ten months here, he can give me two months there. He is kind and compassionate, supportive and attentive. How could I want for anything more? I love that his running shorts are stored in the drawer in his closet above any of his other clothes. That is just the kind of guy he is...an athlete before anything else. I just wish he would stop running the remote jungle trails with huge gators. I wish I were kidding about this point, but I am not even exaggerating. Apparently, he thinks he is Tarzan of the Jungle now, able to run zig zags faster than those handbags can snatch him. I hate nature. I do love a man in a Speedo, however, and he wears it well. I love a man who posts pictures of his kid's triathlon on his blog. And, I love a man in cute, short running shorts with bronzed legs. Did I mention that I love swimmers? What a guy.



Swim meet this weekend for the girl. End of season tennis party and awards Saturday. 5K on Monday for the girl who never stops moving (my daughter). Marc's big presentation, house sitter interviews, volunteer celebration, send off dinners, pediatrician appointments, last ten miler run....we are almost out of here...........

No comments: