Friday, May 09, 2008

Here Comes Summer

I walked out my door this morning into a blanket of heat and humidity. Yep, 4:15 in the morning and summer greeted me with a wretched grip on my lungs. I took about four steps and saw the lightning over the ocean in front of me. Somewhere far over the water a storm was raging, but thankfully not where we planned our run. Lori met me and ran the first 10 miles with me, then I ran 11 or 12 more...not really sure, since the heat was making me kind of delirious. I know I left the house Friday morning, but it sure felt like I returned Monday sometime. I came home and fell into the cool pool and lay on the bottom for a while. Heaven. I need another pair of running shoes, since I seem to be wearing each pair out so quickly as of late. I love my friends here, but I am ready to have my friends back home. Hello, Summer.

No comments: