Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Feast or Famine

When it rains here, it pours. It comes down in droves. Thankfully, we have not had any rain since Saturday (on our long run, to be precise). Today was actually nice, for a change, weather wise....no rain, no heat, no humidity. We soaked up the sun at the park in the morning, drank in the ocean air from our front drive mid-day, and then enjoyed a cool early evening on the tennis courts riverfront. The kids are actually getting pretty good on the clay, and I am loving watching them with the coaching staff. Truly, I am impressed. I never thought I cared one way or another about tennis, but I am a believer now. It is a great sport and the opportunity for it is perfect in these parts.

Other than that, I am disappointed to have missed the West Palm Marathon last Sunday on account of bronchitis (again), but I guess it is all meant to be. Disney Marathon is only about 5 weeks away, and closing in quickly. We leave for Jacksonville next weekend so Marc can run his Boston qualifier. That sweet man, who cannot keep a secret, gave me my anniversary present early from my most favorite place in the whole world. In a word, Tiffany. There is nothing more romantic than that little blue box and white ribbon, except when it arrives at this time of year in the blue box with a red ribbon. The ring is *beautiful* and I know how much he wants me to be happy. With several holiday parties, birthday parties, and school engagements, how do I have time to be anything but crazy? Mostly, when I feel homesick, I want to die, but when I am happy, I am on top of the world. This past weekend in Palm Beach did a lot for my sanity, to be in a big city again and around civilization. I love the Christmas season and everything that comes with it. I love that we got married this time of year, because it only heightens the magic that surrounds.

I start coaching the Team in Training tri group in a few more weeks and I am eager to meet the participants. Not sure if I have taken on more than I can handle when I feel like my little people are so needy, but hoping it will all come together. I can't wait to get back to Cali soil and run some hills....I am thinking Torrey Pines everyday to get my fill. I miss the Pacific so much it hurts sometimes. But, my running friends here are so amazing and full of life....it is nice to have new blood to run with...sometimes I just miss the old.

No comments: