Monday, November 19, 2007

Okay, Now I am Nervous

We leave tomorrow for Atlanta! I cannot WAIT to see friends and not eat turkey! I hate the food, but love the tradition of family and friends. We will make vegetarian black bean soup for those of us (Ro and me) who are not into the turkey and dressing. We have to do the traditional spread for the kids and husbands, but that doesn't mean we have to eat it.

I have all but forgotten about the marathon until today, since I have been so distracted with school obligations and prepping for the trip. This morning I ran with Dr. George and Lori and they reminded me I need to pick up their race numbers, since they arrive in GA after the expo closes Wednesday. I have never run a marathon on a Thursday and it is kind of throwing a monkey wrench into the system. I have run marathons on Saturday and Sunday, even Boston was on a Monday....but, never a Thursday? The taper has been a little confusing these last few weeks, for sure. Should be interesting.

They are forecasting rain, by the way. Rain. There is a freaking drought there, and Thursday the state is going to get rain? I wonder if there will be ample water to drink on the course in the height of a drought? When I ran with Barry, et al, last week, he told me the marathon was cancelled due to the drought situation. I believed him, dry lawyer personality he is. Quadruple A in personality, always training for Ironman something, Barry is not to be taken lightly usually. He is not really known for being funny, but I guess he thought that was? I bought into it for a while when he told me it was on CNN the night before.

Anyway, as I zip up the suitcases tonight, I am acutely aware of my running shoes sitting on the top of the bag. Yikes! The kids are packed, the house sitter is lined up, Marc is signed off at work for the long week. Tomorrow we leave! Now, I am nervous. And I am wound about as tight as a spring.

No comments: