Sunday, June 06, 2010

I'm Melting

Today was one of my most favorite marathons back home and I cannot remember a year I haven't run it. Seeing pictures at the start in Balboa Park totally depressed me, but I am trying to be cheery, thinking about some upcoming races on the books. Marc and I are considering the Outerbanks marathon or possibly a 50K in Peach Tree City. Mostly, I am totally burned out on the same course we run here, day in and day out, and very much looking forward to some Pacific time this summer. My legs miss the mountains and my lungs are desperate for some dry air. With the torturous heat here, July cannot come soon enough.

Life is crazy busy, so I am not really sure why I am complaining. It's not like I even have time to hang around and endure the heat, as chaotic as the schedule has been. Each day brings a new opportunity to give back, and that is exactly what we are trying to do with program for soldiers overseas. Little by little, things are coming together and I look forward to working on that project each day.

The kids have been in meets almost every weekend, though now trying to get ready to get home, we have backed off of most competitive events. Workouts and stroke classes keep us moving, and they just assume be in the pool when they are not in the ocean.

This life isn't bad, just not the one I ever envisioned for my family. I'm dreaming of the Pacific Northwest and some time in Seattle or Portland. Can someone hook me up with a job there? This girl is not made for the tropics.

No comments: