Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Blah, Blah, Blah

I'm procrastinating- I don't want to go to bed. Sleep is such a waste of time and so boring.

The days are passing ever so slowly now that we are back in the routine. Single parenting is not fun; with Marc still on the road with Eddie, all I can think about is making it through the bedtime routine without backup. Teaching kids, carting kids, reading to kids, dropping kids, picking up kids, flossing and brushing kids- I'm beat. I'm more than a little cranky, too, since I never make the coffee as well as Marc, so I have all but given up trying the last two mornings. There is a drive thru for that, I know, but somehow I haven't been able to mobilize before noon after trying to straighten out everything in the morning and who wants coffee anymore at lunchtime? I feel blah.

I long for a speedy workout with the 5:30 crew. Nagging pain in my leg reminds me I'm not better and have no business running speed, but I'm hoping Dr. Jim doesn't show up and lecture me next week. When I bumped into him at the pool, I pretended I had done the whole workout with a pull buoy, per his suggestion of no kicking. I'm thinking he may have bought it, but Gene may have given me up with his smug and distrusting grin. This week as a single mom, I think I'm fragile without Gus to blow off some steam. 40 minutes on the elliptical trainer is not cutting it for this junkie. I need a fix. I thought very seriously about bringing the kids into the boxing gym to hang out while I workout, but I thought that might be a little obsessive and far too putrid an environment for them.

To add insult to injury, Marc keeps sending really epic pictures of life on a mountain bike through Moab. Does life get anymore amazing than the Arches? Someday I am going to get on a bike and just ride into forever. I wonder if I should first sit on the trainer Marc set up for me to become reacquainted with my bike? Nah.

No comments: