Friday, January 22, 2010

Return to Heat

Here we are again in January and the temps are climbing above eighty. How does that happen? How do people live like this? I ran with the girls at 4:30 and then the boys at 5:30 am, though I didn't tack on as much as I usually do. Somehow I didn't have the heart- I think the heat took it out of me, or maybe it was the massage last night from Sharon? I was wiped.

I cancelled my current gym membership so I can break out of that routine and do something completely different (and better). I cannot wait to start the new program and kick some serious tukis with the shake-up in regimen. My running friend, Carlo, has brought me over to his program and I am completely addicted to it, thinking about the next visit before I even leave the current. Heaving and writhing in pain on the floor (though pretending I am stretching), I have not suffered physically in this way for a long, long time. I love it.

Visitors galore from CA scheduled on the books for the pending months. I simply cannot wait to savor the time with each one of them. Time is marching on, kids are getting big, months are wasting away. Passions are knocking on my door and I am trying to mobilize to make them something more concrete.

Ancient Greece inspires me.....

No comments: